Wednesday 28 August 2013

Red Stripy Tips


I decided to do a tweak on the classic French manicure by adding a strip of red striping tape under the white tip.  This was quite an easy manicure to do and I would of been really pleased with it apart from the fact that when I added a top coat to the design the striping tape bled its colour which you can see on my pointer and pinky in the picture above.  Is this normal or do I need to invest in some better striping tape?  The tape also peeled off the next day leaving me with peely nails.  Oh dear.

I used Barry M White for the Tip, a nail art brush, striping tape I got from amazon and SecheVite top coat. 

However... it looked good for a little while and was relatively easy.  I simply taped off the top section of my nail and used a small nail art brush to paint the tip white.  I peeled the tape off after a few seconds to get a nice crisp line and then when the tip was dry I added a stripe of the red striping tape.  I finished the whole thing off with a top coat and... job done.


What do you think - are you a fan of striping tape?

Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment